We use Nature’s hack for burning calories...
Hi, I’m Dr. Louis Crowe.
BionicGym is unlike any other Neuromuscular Electrical Stimulation device on the market… ever. When you train with it, you can raise your heart rate, sweat, and become breathless…
And here’s how...
But first, consider this.
Nature’s way of creating heat or burning calories is to shiver.
As you get colder, you shiver more intensely but at the same rate (7-8Hz).
This is because the energy consumption is not related to the force or tension generated, but rather the shortening and lengthening of the muscle fibers.
What happens is that more muscle fibers contract and relax at this “biologically special” rate.
And that’s where the BionicGym “magic” comes in.
Impulses through the BionicGym wraps stimulate the motor-neurons [nerves-to-muscles] in the legs and gluteal muscles [bum], telling them to contract repeatedly.
(The muscles relax or lengthen by themselves).
This underlying technology, Neuromuscular Electrical Stimulation (NMES) - also known as EMS and TENS - has been around for 60-70 years.
It was thought that this technology could not provide aerobic exercise.
(Even the FDA thought it wasn’t possible.)
BionicGym has changed all that.
By inducing enough muscles to actively contract at optimal rates, they shout out for blood to supply oxygen and energy.
When that happens, your heart pumps harder and faster to deliver this blood.
The result is that BionicGym trains both your cardio system and your muscles.
You become more breathless and in time heat up – even sweat. After all, shivering is nature’s way of warming you up.
I’ve done thousands of mini-experiments to optimize the technology… and then followed up with peer-reviewed scientific studies.
These studies show that the technology stimulates your muscles in a way that uses sugar as the main energy source - like intense exercise, as opposed to walking or easy exercise.
I’ve done these studies in universities and hospitals in three countries.
We’ve even worked with the European Space Agency and tested it in zero gravity.
I’ve suffered for and been elated with the science.
Please feel free to read more on our website and also read the peer-reviewed scientific publications.
I hope that you find BionicGym useful for yourself, as well.
BionicGym on live TV:
UK - Channel 4 - How to Lose Weight Well: https://vimeo.com/252399410
Ireland - TV3 - Six O'Clock Show: https://vimeo.com/254142873
BionicGym is FDA Cleared:
BionicGym technology in the scientific literature:
- (PDF) The use of electrical muscle stimulation to elicit a cardiovascular exercise response without joint loading: A case study
- Clinical application of neuromuscular electrical stimulation induced cardiovascular exercise
- Neuro-muscular electrical stimulation training enhances maximal aerobic capacity in healthy physically active adults
- Neuromuscular electrical stimulation can elicit aerobic exercise response without undue discomfort in healthy physically active adults
- Electrical stimulation of unloaded muscles causes cardiovascular exercise by increasing oxygen demand
- Prolonged electrical muscle stimulation exercise improves strength and aerobic capacity in healthy sedentary adults
- Comparative effect of a 1 h session of electrical muscle stimulation and walking activity on energy expenditure and substrate oxidation in obese subjects. - Abstract
* NMES stands for neuromuscular electrical nerve stimulation.
* EMS stands for electrical muscle stimulation.
* TENS stands for transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation.